What are affirmations?
Affirmations are repeatable statements that proclaim a desirable truth.
Why do affirmations work?
The effectiveness of affirmations is built on the truth that our thoughts create our reality. Change our thought patterns and we change our world. Evidence for this is found in the experiences of people who have consciously chosen to embrace new ways of thinking and have then seen the resultant changes in their lives.
Switching from fear-based thoughts to positive and self-reinforcing thoughts will bring the individual, and consequently our society, a favorable change in circumstances. Therefore, in order to best utilize the creative power of the universe it is wise to create specific thoughts that will bring to us what we desire.
The following are just a few of an infinite number of affirmations. Repeat regularly. Practice writing your own based on what you are going through in your life right now. Using positive language and gratitude will create the most effective affirmations – as in , I am happy, instead of, I am not angry.
- I ask for and intend that only the very highest energies, frequencies and vibrations come to me and through me.
- Today my attention remains focused on my heart center and the eternal NOW moment.
- Thank you for aligning me with those who are able to inspire me and teach me things.
- Today I intend on feeling the energies of joy.
- I embrace the certainty of oneness. I let my soul guide me.
- Thank you for bringing to me that which I need in order to grow.
- I am happy and at peace with who I am and what I have accomplished.
- Thank you God for this chance to grow and find my way.
- I joyfully express who I am and let go of the fear of being criticized by others.
- I am powerful and I love it
- The Energy in My Aura is My Own.
- I embrace the wholeness of my divine reality.
- I detach, and I let go because I don’t need anything. I am whole and complete.
- There is nothing I have to do, there is no reason to leave the peaceful NOW.
- I affirm that I am worthy and deserving of all things good in my life and choose to be happy at all times.
- Everything is alright.
- I trust that what I need is given to me.
- I am honest with myself and others.
- I am compassionate and empathetic to the welfare of others.
- …and so on…
All that we want to become is simply a matter of imagination combined with right thinking, and followed by right action.